I dont know why I was surprised (Case moding)

Ben Wilson ben at abcom.co.nz
Thu Feb 7 09:42:32 CET 2008

I don’t really have the equipment to make a custom case myself but I
would definitely be interested in buying one, either from FIC as an
option or from a 3rd party.

I'd want a larger case, maybe 1.3-1.5 times the current size, with a
section of empty space for adding extra electronics. At that size it
would still fit fine in my pocket.

Electronics I might add...
-Electronics for IR remote control (this would be the first thing I’d add)
-Two analog inputs and two analog outputs for basic
multimeter/oscilloscope/siggen functionality (Laugh if you wish)
-A larger battery, or multiple batteries (one for phone one for extra
electronics)
-VGA/TV output electronics (The neo plugged directly into a
dataprojector is very appealing, although I’m not quite sure why *yet!*)
-Micro projector (if/when the modules become available cheaply)

Also be nice if the custom case had some sort of cover for the
touchscreen to protect it while the phone wasn't being used. Something
that could slide or flip out of the way when you used the phone. I'm
always scared to put the phone in my pocket when there's something else
in there, in case it damages the screen.

Ben.