GTA02 Battery Capacity (Was: Re: More about the GTA02)

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Thu Feb 14 06:29:25 CET 2008

Nick Guenther wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2008 4:04 AM, Michael Shiloh <michael at openmoko.org> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've researched this a little, and this is what I've learned:
>>
>> 1. We are still looking at a number of different batteries, so there is
>> no "final" capacity or feature set determined yet.
>>
>> 2. The capacity will most likely be around 1200mA.
>>
>> If you find any place on the wiki that says something other than 1200mA,
>> can you please make the correction? You may reference this email.
>
> Oh. That's... really disappointing. The battery life is already
> unusable, and the faster processor and wifi will just make this even
> worse.

We are well aware of software changes we need to make in order to
improve battery and have simply not had the time to do this. You can
expect much better battery life when we implement these changes.

In fact if you look in the archives of the kernel mailing list you will
see that a tremendous amount of progress has happened over the past few
days. I think the current SVN code supports a much improved suspend mode
that my very simple testing suggests should last for well over 12 hours.
And work continues.

Michael