GTA02 Battery Capacity (Was: Re: More about the GTA02)

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at openmoko.com
Thu Feb 14 17:58:04 CET 2008

Andy -

> class to expose it so it is generic.  (I don't know for sure if it
> will
> ship with such a battery since it is decided in .tw according to
> availability and so on, but I hope it will.)

Yes, I think we can confirm that every GTA02 will ship with this new
'smart' battery.
There are more steps to go through internally, related to
certification, some sort of calibration. Tony, do you know more details?
The cell's capacity will increase slightly to 1250 mAh (before was
1200 mAh).
I am trying to release the schematics for the small PCB inside the
smart battery as well, will be posted to the wiki.

Wolfgang