topic for next community update [was Community Update Wed Feb 13 2008]

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Fri Feb 15 09:35:49 CET 2008

> For apps, personally (ie, this is just my opinion) I think its fine if
> we target providing solid very minmal apps initially, again we can
> point
> at the memory on the device (it is stacked with memory), the
> standard X
> and libs provided, and its upgradability with package granularity to
> convincingly (well it convinces me :-)) say more apps are coming.

It convinces me too, and I'm participating in OpenMoko solely for the
reason that I want to push out some end-user apps, developed new and
fresh, for the platform.  When it becomes more widely available, that
is, I will be quite happy targetting it as a major platform for my
music apps .. as it stands right now, its very rewarding to be doing
daily builds that can run on both EEE PC and OpenMoko with very
little fuss, and it sure is going to be interesting keeping this
party going for the next few months ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan