Wiki - organising by end user type - Wiki Personas

Jon openmoko at snowulf.com
Sat Feb 16 22:43:50 CET 2008

On Feb 16, 2008 3:39 AM, JW <jameswillmer at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Do you have comments about the Wiki Personas now described here?
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Personas
>
> JW

Howdy,
I do have a couple of comments.  I agree with the other comments that the
casual user doesn't hate the command line, they simply don't know it exists
and also they are expecting the phone to be intuitive enough to understand
without reading the manual.  Digressing from that - I don't think they would
be a "Wiki" user.  In addition I think two software dev roles are more or
less a dupe of each other.  Yes there are going to be intro level software
developers and more experienced software developers - but you it seems to me
that you are differentiating based on skill.  Who's to say a newbie isn't
interested in kernel