To everybody! Brenda -Full time editor on board

thewtex matt at mmmccormick.com
Tue Feb 19 19:45:54 CET 2008

Brenda Wang <brenda_wang at ...> writes:

> Hello  everybody:
>
> I am Brenda Wang. I'm OpenMoko's full time editor. I was on board on 18,
> Feb.
> My job here is editing OpenMoko wiki, and make wiki more organized.
> Firstly, I will create a page as an  "Index".  The page's name is
> "OPENMOKO WIKI Offical Index Page". It is like a book's Index; then you
> can find things easily. Please let me know if you have any suggestions
> or questions.
>
> Regard.
>
> Brenda Wang

Hi Brenda,

Thanks for contributing to the project.

I think making the Index page into a MediaWiki Template is a good idea.  An
overall navigation element that can be embedded in every page.

For good examples see
http://gentoo-wiki.com/Index:Template
http://gentoo-wiki.com/Gentoo_Linux_Wiki:Header_Templates

or the MediaWiki documentation on templates.

Or maybe a detailed overall index page and navigational templates for different
sections of the wiki.

Regards,
thewtex