VoIP+IAX Program Theory for OM

Michael Schmidt schmidtm524 at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 21 19:05:41 CET 2008

Hello Kyle

thanks for the ideas. we had a discussion about the same way you describe to
bring in VOIP and Video Chat into the serverless messenger
http://retroshare.sf.net .
This is a pgp encryptred tunnel from one node (e.g. on your Open Moko Phone)
to your node at home,
If at home then an asterisk IAX server is installed, you can route the Call
from RS-Node to RS-Node to the normal phone line.
Or: the other way round, the Asterisk/IAX server at home could voip or gsm
to the cellular phone.

The idea of using the serverless messenger for this situation is, that all
communication is encrypted
as well from mobil-me to mobil-friend, as well as from mobil-me to home-me.

So what does this sentence exactly mean: "I've been contemplating writing an
IAX client for OM "?
The code is already working or you want to write?
Wouldit be possible to plug that protocol into the serverless messenger
mentioned above?
So that the communication layer of this is used? then a third-party free
voip line is guaranteed.

That means, if there is a flat data account, then users can talk from mobile
to mobile  secure, or phone out from their node at home.
Please have a look to integrate that in a messaging application, which is
pgp secure. Thanks
Regards Mike