How Alice and Bob got telephone/SMS spam on their Moko.

ian douglas ian.douglas at iandouglas.com
Tue Feb 26 00:20:48 CET 2008

Tilman Baumann wrote:
> Yea. But this is limited to a simple question 'was this call spam?'.
> What i mean was that you should have 'the list[tm]' that is
> automatically the right thing for you.

Yes, I agree, it should be personalized to the user/phone, and being
prompted after a call to specify spam/non-spam would be nice, but might
get annoying for users too.

Using a downloadable database of spammy phone numbers to block calls or
SMS message from could get quite large. Plus you have to deal with users
attempting to poison the database, such as the "Mallory" user that
Heikki originally discussed.

I don't have access from work, but has anyone started a wiki page about
a feature list for a call/sms filtering package? I'd be happy to add my
$0.02 to a feature list and help with building some of the software.

-id