Picture Viewer geocaching

David Samblas Martinez dsamblas at yahoo.es
Wed Feb 27 12:46:38 CET 2008

Ok I will auto-answer to this question based on you
answer with more accuracy data
based on
http://www.eoss.org/pubs/nmeafaq.htm
NMEA 0183 sentences= up to 82 Ascii chars-->one
sentence per second-->82 bytes per second

so 60*60*24*82=7084800

based on zzip examples text compresion
http://debin.net/zzip/results.php

aprox 5:1 ratio text compresion so
7084800/5=1416960--->1,35Mbytes each day of raw NMEA
zziped data

For sure there will be more efficient ways to store
GPS Track information (maybe GPX xml format, or JOSM
storage data format) but as worst case NMEA raw format
makes me think you can store easyly a full week of gps
data in less than 10MB.

So I hope this information will be usefull to any one
, for me it has been a good exercice to know more
about gps