GTA02 Battery Capacity (Was: Re: More about the GTA02)

joerg joerg.twinklephone at gmx.de
Thu Feb 28 15:42:33 CET 2008

Am Do  28. Februar 2008 schrieb Andre Lanvermann:
> I read the Archives and found this Topic. I own a T-Mobile MDA Vario.
> The device is
> charged via USB too. And theay included an USB Wallcharger. Have anybody
> allready checked
> this charger?
>

> Device Data:
> Delta Electronics inc.
> AC Adapter HTC P/N: 79H00051-02M
> Model: ADP-5FH C
> Input: 100-240V~ 0,2A 50-60hz
> Output: 5V = 1A LPS
> Frequency Level 4

What i've learned so far:
The strange thing with USB-charger is a resistor of certain Ohms (47k IIRC)
that's supposed to connect 2 pins of the charger's plug "to identify
OM-charger".
I can't say whether this is standard for USB-chargers, or what will happen
when NEO doesn't sense this resistor on USB-power detection.
Charging seems to be controlled by the main CPU via PCU-chip. If there's no
CPU control e.g. due to completely flat accu, only a very low secure trickle
charge takes place (->"if you can't power on your NEO, connect to USB and try
again after ~30 min..."). There are chances this will be the same for missing
resistor, depending on what logic is in the "driver".
Maybe one of the devs may shed some more light on this.

jOERG