Booting from SD

Mike Montour mail at mmontour.net
Fri Feb 29 04:24:34 CET 2008

Ortwin Regel wrote:
> The problem might be your u-boot version. Try this one:
> http://buildhost.automated.it/u-boot-good-for-sd-boot-r13_0_2632_0.bin
> It's what I've been using successfully. I never could get it to work
> with other u-boot versions I tried.

SD-booting in u-boot was broken for several months but as of late
January it is fixed (or at least worked-around; the root cause of the
bug has not yet been identified). The link you posted will boot from SD,
but it has other bugs that have been fixed in later versions.

Regarding the original problem, it is likely related to the 2.6.24
kernel. The GTA01 SD-card driver was broken for a while. My
understanding is that it is now functional, but that it is still
configured to emit a large amount of debugging information. Things
should work fine with a 2.6.22.5 kernel as long as you have the
corresponding modules installed on your root filesystem.