noise while making a phone call: hardware or software?

Richard Reichenbacher richard5 at email.arizona.edu
Fri Jan 4 01:32:30 CET 2008

>From what I can tell the noise comes and goes.  When I'm in a good signal
area I really don't hear it but when I'm in a bad signal area it's very
loud.  I asked Lorn Potter what he thought and he said it was probably a
software issue.  Although I'm not too sure because I get the same sound if I
set the phone next to my computer speakers.  So maybe the case is that the
microphone is too close to the GSM modem or the connection from the
microphone to the board isn't shielded well enough.