Power Management on Neo1973

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 22:57:12 CET 2008

On Jan 10, 2008 2:31 PM, Lon Lentz <lon.lentz at gmail.com> wrote:
>   You are burning through a fully charged battery in 20 min running GPS?

Yeah.  I wonder if the battery has deteriorated somehow (from the
phone running and being plugged in to USB for days or weeks at a time,
and being overcharged? but the power management chip should not
overcharge it, right?), or maybe it is not being fully charged.  I
consider it fully charged when it has been running, and plugged in to
USB, overnight.  I'm also wondering if my hub may be limiting it to
less than 500 mA though.  I need to measure the currents... both
battery current and USB current, in various states.

Speaking of which, where can we get more batteries?  If it has not
deteriorated yet, it certainly will eventually.  The Nokia ones are
not quite compatible enough, are they?