root

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Thu Jan 10 23:57:28 CET 2008

Thursday 10 January 2008 skrev Brandon Kruse:
> Kde and gnome take that precaution with gtk based Sudo when you login
> as a normal user (at least in debian/ubuntu) and I like that method.

  Not entirely... KDE uses kdesu or kdesudo (depending on distribution), and
even Kubuntu uses a Qt/KDE based dialog, not a gtk based one :) Some
distributions also use a more granular system of permissions called
kapabilities[1], developed for Ark Linux, which gives a specific user rights
to use very specific tools. This particular system rubs me very much the
right way.

[1] http://wiki.arklinux.org/Ark_Security_System

--
..Dan // Leinir..