community update, Thursday, January 10, 2008

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Fri Jan 11 09:14:00 CET 2008

Am 10.01.2008 um 22:20 schrieb Michael Shiloh:
> We're still testing the hardware and gathering up little issues
> before determining whether we need to create another version of the
> board. We still expect to start shipping Neo FreeRunner sometime in
> the next few months. As always, we can't be more specific, because
> we're not sure.

> That's all for now. As always, I welcome your feedback, questions,
> comments, and concerns.

Michael,
many thanks for this update.

One nitpicking question is about interpreting the word "next few
months": does it mean something between 3 and 7 months from now? I.e.
April to July?
Or does it mean a version shipping with final software to end-users
but developers can get it earlier?

And, if it is the developer device that comes in the next few months
- how long is the GTA01 device still available (despite all its known
problems), since some projects can't wait and need a development and
test platform and prototype/demonstrator units...

Nikolaus