New to OpenMoko

Barry Steele barry at hpfm.com.au
Wed Jan 16 23:52:38 CET 2008

Hi,
I just took delivery of a neo1973 (I'm in Australia btw, Sydney).

I have inserted the microSD and SIM cards and booted the machine up.

I get the boot logo and then Linux tries to start but I get the following:

"Kernel Panic- not syncing: No init found.  Try passing init= option to
kernel"

While I have a fair bit of Linux experience, I have no idea how to
connect to the machine or edit files or whatever.

I am looking on the Openmoko site, but I would really appreciate any advice.

I am very excited by this.

Stay well,
Barry