OpenMoko will be at SVHMPC meeting TONIGHT in Menlo Park

Jeremiah Flerchinger jeremiah.flerchinger at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 04:48:36 CET 2008

I see OpenMoko as lower level than Android.  Users can give feedback
into the very core of the hardware & software.  I expect to someday see
Android applications integrated into OpenMoko.  Android appears to be
just a virtual machine sandbox that sits on top of a Linux core.  I
don't see most Android based phones makers willingly giving access
outside of the Android API and runtime or taking user feedback seriously.

My question is why doesn't Google release the Android runtime & API in a
form that can be easily integrated and run on OpenMoko or any other
Linux?  It's just built on top of a linux kernel & a bunch of standard
libs.  Someone please ask that for me.