GTA02 preorder please?

Gerald A geraldablists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 17:53:09 CET 2008

On Jan 21, 2008 11:34 AM, Breakable <igalvelis at gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand GTA00 and GTA01 will not ever be a usable platform due to
> hardware issues.

I'm not sure this is true for the GTA01 -- but it remains to be seen.

> I would like to propose asking the openmoko.com to add a preorder form for
> stable developer hardware platform. Something what they would consider a
> release candidate. This would allow for developers just like me to finally
> use their credit cards, and reduce the amount of pooling required.

This probably won't happen. Some of the official Openmoko people can chime
in here, but I think that their current system/CC provider doesn't allow
them to accept orders on products that aren't shipping.

For the GTA01, they opened the ordering process as soon as they could. I
would guess this will be the same for the GTA02. We're all eager to get our
hands on one of these, but right now we'll have to be patient.

Thanks,
Gerald