Digital Compass & JavaFX - Additional hardware through custom mods

Hendrik Strydom hns1 at iinet.net.au
Fri Jan 25 01:45:08 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 08:27 -0700, Jeremiah Flerchinger wrote:
> I agree that additional hardware should not be added to the default
> phone.  If people want additional hardware they should get a custom
> case with extra room to support hobby projects and build/test these
> expansion modules themselves.  If some of the modules became
> mainstream I could eventually see these features added to the default
> configuration.

I considered that for small modules it may be possible to add extensions
to the corners of the phone, thus making it more square.
The side of the extension facing the phone can also be shielded if
needed to limit interference on both sides.

This will not win any prizes in a beauty contest, but in my life
function comes before form.

Regards
  Hendrik