France : Taxes for video and mp3 playing capacity / Switzerland too

Alexandre Ghisoli alexandre.ghisoli at ycom.ch
Fri Jan 25 11:03:27 CET 2008

Le vendredi 25 janvier 2008 à 10:37 +0100, Steven Le Roux a écrit :

> >> Probably France is the dumbest country right now about taxes and other
> > stupid
> >> stuff...
> >
> > Yeah, almost every tax talked about in this thread exists in France. But
> > how do
> > we avoid the Neo to be taxable ?
> >
> As said, if you don't sell the phone with an embedded player, I think the neo become out of conditions to be taxed. At least, you can justify that you are buying a phone and nothing else.

To jump on this topic, Switzerland has recently adopted the same.
Since audio tapes, we still stick on a (low) taxes on recordable media
(CD, DVD, tapes, ..) and last year, we got taxed on the MP3 players.

They was talking about HDD too ... :(

--
Alexandre Ghisoli <alexandre.ghisoli at ycom.ch>
YCOM SA