I'm back with my neo.. where to begin?

andy selby andyfrommk at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 28 23:30:44 CET 2008

> Interesting note on the qtopia image I tried.. they'd receive texts, but
> not *appear* to register on the network/allow calls.  All academic as
> this is the openmoko list though.

Do you mean the the signal strength meter did not show but a message
saying no network did?
I've come across a way that overcomes that but its very unscientific.
1. Open the back
2. Remove battery
3. Push the sim card holder in the direction it locks into (i.e.
towards the bottom of the neo)
4. When you replace the battery press it down above the sim card
Now, I know your probably thinking "do you also stand on one leg" but
this method has never failed me, I heard another guy on the mailing
list put a peice of paper  between the battery and the simcard holder
to solve this problem