quantum step on Neo

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Wed Jan 30 12:15:42 CET 2008

Am 29.01.2008 um 15:30 schrieb rakshat hooja:

> I just saw the following link.
>
> http://www.quantum-step.com/wiki.php?page=OpenMoko-
> Edition&referer=About
>
> According to this it seems that it is possible to at least boot
> quantum step on the Neo. Anyone know if  the PIM applications on
> quantum step are usable on the the Neo. I currently use

Yes, it can boot. And you can start some preliminary PIM functions
that are already sketched:

http://www.quantum-step.com/swi/showdetail.php?app=4409
http://www.quantum-step.com/swi/showdetail.php?app=4408 (screen shot
comes from very old AppKit)
http://www.quantum-step.com/swi/showdetail.php?app=4422 ( --- " --- )

But you can't really use them so far. One key issue is that we have
no config to use a bluetooth keyboard. And inter-process
communication fails so the on-screen keyboard doesn't interwork.

> Ubuntu to connect with my Neo but I do have a mac book and if the
> quantum step PIM can sync with the mac it would be great.

Syncing is planned but not ready. But you can expect perfect and
complete sync between a Mac and QuantumSTEP since both will use the
same data structures for contacts, events, tasks etc. So there will
be no data loss by syncing.

I have sent out a request for alpha/beta testers today.