FM Tuner for RDS on the Neo ?

Lionel Dricot zeploum at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 13:33:52 CET 2008

Hello,

I'm very interested by the Neo1973 and I was thinking about doing some
hardware/software hacking on it.
I have several questions.

1) I want to develop an application linked to a FM tuner (with data,
like RDS). Any idea on how I could add a FM tuner on a neo 1973 ?
Maybe with USB ? Or a chip that I could buy separately ?

2) Other harware question : is there a DSP in the Neo1973 ? I imagine
some sound signal processing that would requires a DSP. I don't see
how I could add a DSP afterward but any solution is welcome :-)

3) Last but not least : If I order my neo1973 today, when will I
receive a) the 1973v1, b)the FreeRunner. I want to develop as quickly
as possible and, if there is compatibility and that the v2 is too
late, I don't mind buying a v1 now and a v2 later.

Thanks in advance for your answers,