Gizmo for Skype-like functionality in Neo?

joerg joerg.twinklephone at gmx.de
Wed Jan 30 22:21:19 CET 2008

Am Mi  30. Januar 2008 schrieb Jeremiah Flerchinger:
> Ekiga is just a client package and doesn't contain a server component,

What for do you want to have a server on GTA? BTW linphone is no way different
in this aspect AFAIK.

> like asterisk.  There is also linPhone (http://www.linphone.org/), That
> might be nice for ... people who don't want
> to run an entire asterisk server on their phone.
That's true for every SIP-Usaer-Agent, i think. Just no need for a "server".
Register with any SIP-provider, or simply do direct IP2IP without any
registrar at all. I don't know _any_ SIP-softphone that needs asterisk on the
local machine.