GTA01 Modified Handset

Christopher Earl earlc8451 at clarkstate.edu
Thu Jan 31 06:06:11 CET 2008

The 64MB of NAND flash aka 'on board Flash 'is just for the Kernel and Root File system, although the Root FS could be loaded onto the MicroSD card; which is located under the SIM slot, i believe that up to 4GIG is available on MicroSD. The GTA01 ships with a 512MB card. so all in all you get 64MB + 512MB , at this time i assure you that 512MB is plenty for OpenMoko and Applications, if you wanted to utilize the device as a MP3 player I would suggest purchasing the biggest MicroSD card you can find. The 128MB of SDRAM is system memory, like your PC has.It is not used for 'Storage'.  OM has done a great deal of work to keep their applications small, and they have done a good job at it.

>>> "Lally Singh" <lally.singh at gmail.com> 01/30/08 11:36 PM >>>
Oh, the 128 is onboard storage.  What *is* the onboard CPU RAM on this
thing?  Is it just what's built onboard the CPU?