My word on GPRS (was: How Slow Is Fast?)

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Thu Jul 3 22:22:21 CEST 2008

to, 2008-07-03 kello 16:15 -0400, Nkoli kirjoitti:
> On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Mikko Rauhala
> <mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi> wrote:

>         Umh. Disappointing. Is this really the best it can do or best
>         that has been coaxed out of it so far?
>
> This is the case with all gprs/edge capable phones - it has nothing to
> do with the neo specifically. 3G radios can maintain both voice and
> data at the same time; 2 and 2.5G radios cannot.

I know that, but that the signaling of an incoming voice call won't
necessarily make it through if the GPRS is in constant use was news to
me.

To be fair, I don't have a clue if my previous GPRS phones have also
actually behaved in this manner hidden from me...

--
Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at iki.fi     - <URL:http://www.iki.fi/mjr/>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:http://www.transhumanism.org/>