My word on GPRS (was: How Slow Is Fast?)

Steven ** montgoss+openmokocommunity at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 01:36:57 CEST 2008

Really, the chances of your connection being *constantly* in use is
pretty small.  You'd have to be downloading a relatively large file or
something that has 0 ms of idle time.  I'm pretty sure this wouldn't
happen during normal use.

For example, you're browsing the web.  You'd pull up a webpage.  Maybe
during the few seconds this takes to load, your phone won't ring.
But, as soon as that page is loaded, you'd get the call.  And that's
worst case.  Chances are, the loading of the webpage acts as loading
several smaller files where it would get interrupted halfway through
by a phone call.

-Steven