freerunner unable to work with 3G SIMCards?

Steven Kurylo sk at infinitepigeons.org
Sat Jul 5 21:25:57 CEST 2008

> now, I got some more infos, but it still doesn't work.
> Today I was on an O2 shop, too. They gave me a NEW SIMCARD and I tried it.
> Same again. It doesn't want my pin.
> I asked the man in the shop and he called someone, after this, he said that
> it is the newest simcard they have.
> So: Get a newer simcard is NO solution.

Actually if you look at your AT output, you're now getting error 32
which is "Network not allowed, emergency calls only".  I'm no gsm
expert, but my first thought is that O2 didn't activate the new sim
card.  Try the new sim card in a different phone?  Or double check
with O2 that the new sim card has been activated.