freerunner unable to work with 3G SIMCards?

steve steve at openmoko.com
Sun Jul 6 03:35:21 CEST 2008

Arne,

   The problem looks like this. Lets say you are ATT and you field a new
SIM. Your test team will test
It against a pile of of old phones they have and the new ones they are
shipping. They cant test it
In future phones that don't exist. So, new phone and old SIM is not a 100%
solution. Further,
I cant test all the old ATT SIM. I simply don't have access to them. When
Michael ATT SIM didn't work
We had two theories. First was that Michael lived in an area that used to be
Cingular and that ATT had taken
Over from Cingular, perhaps causing some issues. The second theory. I had
friends who got iPhones and had to have
Their SIM updated. So, once michael got a new SIM the problems went away.