freerunner unable to work with 3G SIMCards?

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Sun Jul 6 08:12:10 CEST 2008

On Saturday 05 July 2008 20:52:30 Kevin Zuber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> now, I got some more infos, but it still doesn't work.
> Today I was on an O2 shop, too. They gave me a NEW SIMCARD and I tried it.
> Same again. It doesn't want my pin.
> I asked the man in the shop and he called someone, after this, he said that
> it is the newest simcard they have.
> So: Get a newer simcard is NO solution.

Hmm.
so the modem was turned on, you entered a sim pin. And on AT+CPIN? it told you
it wants the SIM PIN. Normally this means your PIN was not correct. If you
have your PUK nearby just try to enter the PIN again and see what is
happening. And it is normal that you can not register with a network without
an unlocked sim :)

z.