[Fwd: questions about our mailinglists]

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 11:56:14 CEST 2008

Hello,

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 3:40 PM, arne anka <openmoko at ginguppin.de> wrote:
>> Please keep device-owners and community.
>
> shouldn't community members and device owners more or less be congruent,
> now the freerunner is in the world?

Possibly.
My observation is that any (ok, most) threads on the community
mailinglist tend to evolve into a lot of
1) wishes for things that aren't in the devices today
2) requests / demands that things should be done differently

which is good for future, but not so ood for specific question about
current devices and current software.
Aside from that, groups of peaple are never congruent - in any given
group you will find as many opinions as there are people. :)

> and who of the newlyweds joined device-owners? i for one, didn't --
> because i don't want to split my time and attention between multiple
> groups, basically addressing the same audience.

Well, it depends on what information you want. If you skip
device-owners, you miss a lot of specific information about the
devices and software, and the testing that owners do.
I find that useful enough that I invest the little time extra to read
that mailinglist as well.
YMMV, of course.
--
Regards,