T-Mobile with ASU on GTA01?

Marcus Bauer marcus.bauer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 18:33:40 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 17:29 +0200, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 09 Juli 2008 10:23:51 schrieb Marcus Bauer:
> > This is another hardware problem which is shared with the Neo 1973 and
> > thus known since a year. The answer by Dr. Michael Lauer was "Guys, this
> > is a Heisenbug. We pray that it does not occur too often in the field.".
> >
> > That is a very interesting engineering approach...
>
> Thanks for cutting my answer to make it look like I don't care.

The investigation into the probelem simply stopped. If finding the
solution is out of your abilites then simply forward the problem to
somebody else. For heaven's sake, what is the key function of a mobile
phone? Exactly, making calls. The cheapest phone you buy at your local
vendor will do so. If you run into a hardware/firmware bug that prevents
users from doing so, then forward the problem to somebody who can solve
it.

There was a even a mail from Erin concerning this subject:

http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2008-March/014122.html

And one day you abandon the bug. You simply did not care. At least the
test procedures would have needed to be adapted adequately to catch
those phones.