Sim card is not working, how do I run diagnostics?

Adam Talbot talbotx at comcast.net
Fri Jul 11 07:39:29 CEST 2008

I am a tinker, left on my own (+google) I can figure out almost
anything :-)

Sim cards.  Here is the "how to" check.
Follow this until you get an OK prompt.
http://www.openmoko.org/wiki/Manually_using_GSM

>From there your first command should be at+cimi.  If it returns the S/N
of your card, you have a working card.  If not (ERROR), you are out of
luck.
Here are the cards I tested:
AT&T, blue front, purple/blue-green back.   Worked.
AT&T, All white. Worked.
Cingular, 73000O (4021)  Worked.
Cingular, 63512A (1002)  Worked.  FR hung on boot, may be unrelated.
Reboot fixed it.
AT&T, 71234G (3022)  I have two, both failed.
Should there be a global SIM card compatibility section? Like this, just
MUCH bigger?
http://www.openmoko.org/wiki/Carriers/ATT

I am running a Freerunner +
Openmoko-openmoko-devel-image-glibc-ipk-P1-Snapshot-20080710-om-gta02.rootfs.jffs2, my provider is AT&T, out of California.
Hope this helps.
-Adam