In the press

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Fri Jul 11 10:26:45 CEST 2008

> This stood out for me "The tangled pile of mostly outdated and
> incomplete documentation at the OpenMoko wiki..."
> Is this an accurate evaluation of the wiki ?
> If so, what can we do to fix it up, how do we identify old content
> and schedule it for updating?

I think, personally, its time for a 3rd-party site not related to
OpenMoko to pick up the slack here. So much stuff happens too quickly
for people who /should/ be updating the wiki to feel like its
productive to do so ..

What I would like to see is something like an "mokofanboix.org"
website come up that has the following:

- Daily blog news akin to the good ol' slashdot, of news from the
openmoko scene, gleaned from careful inspection of the mailing lists,
of IRC, of the codebase, of code delta's, etc.

- Public free Repository of all the latest and greatest 'cool apps'
found for OpenMoko

- Public forum for discussion of the news.

This is, of course, sorta what we've got with things like
planet.openmoko.org (which I check daily), combined with the
Scaredycat repo's and other such things, but ..  for newcomers .. I
don't think any of this is as easily approachable as it would be if it
were all put under a single umbrella that is a bit more of an
'openmoko pop culture' site than what we've got right now ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan