GPS

Russell Sears sears at cs.berkeley.edu
Sat Jul 12 01:00:21 CEST 2008

This might help too (I should add myself to it...):

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GPS_Problems

I've only gotten a fix using the agps diagnostic tool gui.  I did it in
the middle of a clear night with nothing near by, by going to the signal
strength screen, and slowly rotating the phone until the bars started
turning from light blue to dark blue, and going with an orientation that
seemed to work, kind of like with an old analog TV set...

I don't know if doing it actually helped, but while playing this game, I
got a fix in ~ 2-3 minutes, vs the tens of minutes I'd waited before that.

Bumble, after 10-15 minutes of waiting, do you see any satellites in the
  "ss" tab of the agps diagnostic tool?  Does it display a time in UTC
after a few minutes?  If so, we're probably in the same boat.

Is there a document explaining the exact handshaking procedure the
chipset in the freerunner uses to lock onto the satellites?

-Rusty