GPS

Jonathan Spooner jonathan at topnoc.co.uk
Sat Jul 12 11:25:01 CEST 2008

I've been playing with my GPS and finally got a fix using agps diag
tool. I stood the gta02 up on my garden table using a pop bottle :-)  I
think bottom line the gta02 has a poor antenna.... in fact the first
time I got a fix I did so at the point I rested my free stylus on top of
the gta02!

Once I had a fix I used the signal strength screen in the agps diag tool
and its then plain to see the signal is precarious at best with an
average strength of around 28 which is greatly affected by orientation
and nearby objects from hands, stylus, people etc pretty much what you'd
expect in a device thats receiving a very weak signal.... except we know
the say system is working so that only leaves the gta02 internal antenna
as the problem.

Thoughts?

Jon