AW: Re: AW: RE: unable to start up freerunner after batterie was full down

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Mon Jul 14 03:53:26 CEST 2008

Am So  13. Juli 2008 schrieb linux4u at bluewin.ch:
> It mean the same as one know this from a car with a very low battery...
(bridged )
> just put another battery (I think it`s important, that the second battery
have the same Volt) parallel to the
> original battery.
> If so, the FR can take the power from the two batteries...

This might fail:
if your battery is "dead", it has low voltage. Now you "jumpstart" with a
second battery, and FR boots. But same time the dead bat's internal
protection might trigger for too high charging current from much higher
voltage from parallel battery. This protection circuit needs to reset, what
might not happen until you stop to try to charge it, and in fact discharge it
a short while.
So it's better practice to start the FR just from the good battery, and insert
the dead one after boot has completed and jumpstart bat has been removed.

/jOERG