[qtopia on freerunner] - What is the right place to discuss Qtopia on Openmoko?

Thomas B. tommy.b at gmx.net
Mon Jul 14 04:30:33 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 10:16:01PM +0200, Thomas B. wrote:
> I have a slightly different problem: The battery does get charged, but
> the screen doesn't dim or get switched off, although I told it to do
> that in the settings. That's a bit annoying, and it's probably not very
> healthy for the display, too.
>
> Is this also an apm problem, and can it be worked around?

I just noticed that there is already a newer Qtopia snapshot available
for download than the one I have installed (mine is from Friday). I'd
love to try that one out, maybe it solves my problem quoted above.

Now my next question is: Is there a way to upgrade Qtopia to the new
snapshot without losing my data (e.g. contacts and messages)? Backing up
the data and writing it back after the upgrade would be fine, but I
don't know where the data is stored.

Regards,
Thomas