unable to start up freerunner after batterie was full down

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Mon Jul 14 04:43:39 CEST 2008

Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> Am Mo  14. Juli 2008 schrieb Marco Trevisan (Treviño):
>> Michael Shiloh wrote:
>>> The final method involves charging the battery manually, enough to allow
>>> Freerunner to boot. This requires an external power supply of about 4.5
>>> Volts and should be done only if you feel comfortable with electronics
>>> and hardware and understand about short circuits.
>>>
>>> Let me know if you want to do this and I'll instruct you privately.
>> Well, maybe this could be useful for other owners, isn't it?
>
> We mustn't advice customers to try potentially destructive or even dangerous
> procedures.
> Thus no public howto for manual charge of LiIon batteries!

Well, I don't think that one would to that just for fun... I figure that
  who will try a procedure like that is enough experienced and/or wants
to risk with his own device.

I'm simply saying that the method should be well documented in public
(since it's not the first time that occurs) underlining that it's only a
very dangerous "tip" and that the Om team doesn't suggest it, then
everyone can decide if following it.

PS: BTW I hope I won't use it since I've ordered also some extra an
battery and I've some compatible ones near me; I just wanted to express
my idea...

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/