MokSec - The Security Framework

Crane, Matthew mcrane03 at harris.com
Mon Jul 14 16:57:26 CEST 2008

I would think on a phone the primary concern is protecting the user
data.

E.g. sms, contacts, history.

If somebody was able to malicously install software on the phone, your
pretty much already $%@#'ed.  Not letting it call out helps, but it's
already defeated.  I'm assuming we're not installing a lot of new
unknowns on a secure device, and anything trying to make network
connections is evol.

I've been picturing running an encrypted rootfs image off an SD card.
There could be multiple encrypted rootfs images, only one would be the
real one, or they all could be used for different reasons.

Once the system boots it's up to the user to unlock the keys to the
encrypted image to be used and that gets booted from the already running
kernel.