GPS

Yorick Moko yorickmoko at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 18:45:01 CEST 2008

with cold start they mean no previous data: no information about
satellites, location or time

since the GPS chip itself does not have any memory, currently a power
off -> power on always results in a cold start (there is however some
work being done to overcome this, but I don't know if it is already
working)