NVidia S-O-C

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Mon Jul 14 21:03:37 CEST 2008

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 19:37:46 +0200 "Francesco Cat" <heartcollector87 at gmail.com>
babbled:

> I found this System on a Chip by NVidia:
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/tegra_600.html and
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/apx_2500.html
>
> It is something A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and I say I would love to see it on a GTA04 ;)
>
> What do you think about? Will we have a chance to see it? Or it is
> pure dreaming since it won't be open at all?
> Nvidia seems to care about Linux and OpenSource, we might try a ride ;)

they do? let me know the day their accelerated drivers for 3d are open, and
i'll re-assess that situation. until nvidia come open on their desktops i doubt
they will consider being open on their SOC's - the day they have open drivers
for their SOC's - let us know. until then they are a totally uninteresting SOC
vendor.

openmoko is about open. first and foremost. i would love hyper-performing
amazing graphics and system grunt like anyone else - but NOT at the cost of
being open. see the archives on this - this has come up before recently and
openmoko's position on this made clear. :)