incorrect shipment type?

Yaroslav Halchenko site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com
Tue Jul 15 06:33:45 CEST 2008

Small update:
OM kindly has (or will) refunded us the difference between ground and
2nd day -- thus the situation is resolved and we are patiently and
passionately waiting
;-) By that email I thought to collect some kind of statistic from the
reactions of people if that was common situation, and it seems it
wasn't, so that is good, and distributor I guess did good job after all.

My comment: As for overreacting -- being open source should never imply
worse quality. Besides being opensource, freerunner is a commercial
product, thus I don't think we should lower the bar and our expectation
from the provided 'service' and 'goods': sure thing we should be a bit
'relaxed' when it gets to hardware since it is somewhat harder in
phone-world to select and combine pieces which satisfy openmoko project
requirements.  Sure thing we can lower a bar for the state of software
as it is shipped now -- openmoko was intended to be a community project
and OM's team did its best to get HW ready as soon as it is ready so
community could get is hands dirty ;-) Service (ie shipment etc)
is completely other side of the medal.