Volume?

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Tue Jul 15 15:55:38 CEST 2008

Am Di  15. Juli 2008 schrieb Emilis Dambauskas:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 12:11 PM, Andy Selby <andyfrommk at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > <falk at efalk.org>SSH into the device and type
> > #alsamixer
> > then adjust the sound using the sliders
> >

> There are so many of them and they are poorly named... Yesterday I was
> trying to use hands-free earphones and mic and was struggling to make the
> mic volume good enough for the other party to hear. Nevermind the loud
> background buzz (probably from GSM).
>
> Is there a documented list anywhere of what each slider / trigger does in
> alsamixer?

Not yet (I need it myself, so maybe I come up with this eventually).
And yes, the alsamixer-names are insanely weird. I was told this is
*intentionally* for wm8753.c source and relatives to "go upstream", because
we don't use our mixer chip the way we're "supposed to", so we had to live
with these weird names. :-/ OWTTE

cheers
jOERG