Reason for GPS problems found!

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Tue Jul 15 16:22:31 CEST 2008

> Did you say 1973, but mean Freerunner?

No, I've only got a neo1973, and yes, it takes ages to aquire a fix.

> I'm capturing GPS traces on my 1973 on a regular basis, and always
> have an SD
> card of one sort of other in. After a power on, TTFF can be a couple
> minutes, and then
> the next fix is much quicker.

I get mixed results, but I've *never* gotten a fix from my desk here,
until I took the SD card out as part of this test, and it gets a fix
very quickly.

I also have been using my neo1973 to make traces - quite successfully
- but I've gotten used to waiting 10 minutes or so before I start the
trace ..

> No Freerunner yet, so can't comment there.

Same here, hopefully mine will arrive soon and I can elevate my
attention to Freerunner and leave the neo1973 in the car. ;)

;
--
Jay Vaughan