***SPAM*** Re: In the press

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Tue Jul 15 20:14:28 CEST 2008

I don't think its the wiki software that is the problem.

Its the ad-hoc management method of everybody editing and no one doing
QA to insure old stuff is thrown out or clearly marked,  consistent
format,   new  pages in the right place,  appropriate links to and from
the document, etc....

There has to be some kind of control to enforce a standard,  I'm a
libertarian at heart but the free-for-all method used now falls apart
when you have multiple projects(1973, FreeRunner, etc) and hundreds of
contributers..

I think OpenMoko stands to gain the most from teh effort and should step
up to the plate to provide a WikiBoss that can provide the standard,
organize volunteers to police  "their" areas of expertise.

Unless this of some other kind of oversight is done any new wiki will
degenerate into the state of the current wiki in short order.

Scott