Wiki Maintainers

John Reese jreese at leetcode.net
Tue Jul 15 23:23:14 CEST 2008

Hello everyone!

Due to the discussion in the thread 'In the press', we came to the
conclusion that it would be good for the wiki and for the Openmoko
community in general if we could gather a small team of dedicated
individuals who were willing to put time and effort into maintaining the
community wiki.  I, and others, have already expressed interest in being
a part of this team, and would like to start getting things the team
organized and begin the process of cleaning up and improving the wiki.

I've created a wiki page, Wiki Maintainers [1], which states what I
believe the team's primary goals should be:

* Maintain integrity and correctness of information
* Organize and maintain page content and layout
* Clean up and consolidate pages and categories
* Reduce clutter and confusion for users

So far, we have Torfinn Ingolfsen, Ian Douglas, Jay Vaughan, and myself
on the team.  If there any others in the community who would like
nothing more than to spend their precious time editing wiki articles,
feel free to post your name here and on the wiki page, and join into the
planning.

I would personally like to see some feedback on the team's discussion
page [2], perhaps with ideas of where to focus our efforts, or how to
proceed in cleaning things up.

[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Wiki_Maintainers
[2] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Talk:Wiki_Maintainers

Cheers!