Wiki editors (was: In the press)

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Wed Jul 16 00:45:43 CEST 2008

Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 9:27 PM, Jay Vaughan <jayv at synth.net> wrote:
>> Well thats definitely a very nice proposal, but I would like to hold
>> off a bit on recreating a whole new wiki .. what I had in mind was
>> more of a blog/feed style site, not necessarily another wiki setup ..
>
> As have been said before in this thread: what we (the Openmoko
> community) need is a wiki editors group.
> Any volunteers?
> The wiki editors group would help each other (and other contributors)
> to improve the wiki, by creating information management, writing and
> style guidelines, guiding and teaching wiki contributors, and editing
> the wiki itself.
>
> Initially, the group could consist of the people most active in
> editing the wiki already. Further recruitment could be based on
> quality and quantity of contributions to the wiki.
>
> Of course the Wiki editors would have a "hall of fame" page on the
> wiki that would describe the tasks that the group do, list the names
> of the editors (and perhaps what period they acted in that role?) and
> so on

(Please change the subject line to reflect the topic)

As Curtis said in a previous mail, we are a small company, and we need
your help in maintaining the wiki. I think Torfinn's suggestion is an
excellent one, and I appreciate his suggestion and the immediate
volunteering of some 5-6 people.

I will help support you in any way I can. Yes, we can absolutely set up
a mailing list for you to coordinate amongst yourselves. I will also
make myself more immediately available to the wiki editors, so that
questions can be answered as rapidly as possible.

Wiki editors, do you have a request for the list name? How about
openmoko-wiki-editors?

This is very exciting. Many of us are frustrated by the wiki, but have
lacked the time to fix it. I applaud you all.

Michael