GTA01BV4 died, please help me.

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Wed Jul 16 02:45:40 CEST 2008

The OP says it fails to boot even with a full Nokia battery, so it's
unlikely to be the dead battery problem.

The two other failures mentioned are (1) removing the battery while
plugged into USB and (2) corrupting Flash memory

Does anyone know exactly what is damaged by removing the battery while
plugged into USB? Is there a way to verify that this in fact is the
cause of the problem?

Another poster suggested damaged Flash. In this case, inspection with
the debug board should verify this and allow for repair. I presume you
don't have a debug board? Check whether someone near you has a debug
board, or send it to someone with a debug board.

Michael