Reason for GPS problems found!

Kalle Happonen kalle.happonen at iki.fi
Wed Jul 16 09:18:46 CEST 2008

Jay Vaughan wrote:
>>> Its really pretty important that the communication on this issue
>>> *not*
>>> diverge into hate and vitriol towards customers, because to those who
>>> are observing the OpenMoko project - not participating - the SD+GPS
>>> testing issue is a *huge* screw up.
>>>
>> No, the SD+GPS issue is a bug.
>>

> Context:SD+Glamo == No go.
> SD+GPS == No go.
>
> How many GTA02's have been shipped before this problem was
> discovered?  How much time wasted trying to get GPS functioning so
> that development can continue?

Haha, compared to "how many products has a big phone company shipped
before fixing their hw bugs?", a neglible amount, and those to HC fans
and supporters that know they are beta testers.
>> Admittedly a somewhat nasty bug, but
>> nothing extraordinary.
>>

> If I can't use SD+GPS, its a no-brainer: Freerunner is no longer
> qualified for my project.  Having spent a year on OpenMoko, thats
> nasty.  I was willing to give the SD+Glamo issue a slide, but ..

Well, then it's a big issue for you, which of course is crappy. But
that's just it, it's a huge issue for *you*.  In the grand scheme of
things it's a bug, and a bug Joerg has told us to be patient about, and
one where there will be a fix for. I'd just wait for the sw + hw fixes,
and see what the result is.